POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : US Brig Niagara WIP : US Brig Niagara WIP Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  US Brig Niagara WIP
From: Merrin
Date: 16 Oct 2003 20:32:11
Message: <3f8f388b@news.povray.org>
I ahve never been happy with my use of Bezier Patches for sales on this
project. So, I have given the MechSim feature from MegaPov a try. The large
sail in the center of the image was created using MechSim and SDL...without
UV mapping. While it still needs plenty of work, I am pleased with the
results so far. I welcome your feedback and suggestions for improvements.

The flag was made with the cloth sim feature also found in Megapatch using
UV mapping.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'USS Niagara 3.jpg' (31 KB)